India’s largest wind turbine by Adani: Adani New Industries Ltd. has constructed a wind turbine in Mundra in Gujarat as part of its growth plans for renewable energy that is taller than the Statue of Unity and has blades that are broader than the wingspan of a jumbo jet.
India’s largest wind turbine by Adani: Key Points
- Adani New Industries Limited (ANIL) announced the installation of the largest wind turbine generator (WTG) in the nation in Mundra, Gujarat.
- Mundra Windtech Ltd (MWL), an Adani Enterprises Ltd. wholly-owned company, installed the turbine.
- This prototype is also Adani New Industries Ltd.’s (ANIL) first addition to its portfolio and has paved the way for the installation of even larger wind turbine generators, according to the company.
- A record-breaking 19 days were needed to finish the proto assembly. It has been set up and tested, and will soon apply for a type certification.
About the wind turbine:
- The wind turbine, which is 200 metres tall and can power over 4,000 households with 5.2 MW of electricity, can generate.
- The Statue of Unity, which stands at 182 metres, is the tallest statue in the world, it was added.
- It is the longest in the nation, with blades that are longer than a jumbo jet’s wingspan, at 78 metres.
- Its 160-meter-diameter rotor makes it the most powerful wind turbine in the world. The wind turbine generator’s hub height is 120 metres, or roughly the height of a 40-story structure.
- The popularity of wind turbines has increased dramatically over the past few years.
- Turbines of a capacity of 4 MW or more are typically installed offshore, where the machines can reach 14 MW in size.
- However, a 5.2 MW onshore turbine is extremely uncommon and is almost never found in India.
- It was also said that this machine is a first and was constructed using German company W2E (Wind to Energy) technology.
- It can operate at wind speeds as low as 3 mps and as high as 20 mps, with 12 mps or so being the wind speed at which it produces the most electricity.
- India’s single wind turbine’s maximum capacity was 2-3 MW only a few years ago.
Important Takeaways for All Competitive Exams:
- Gujarat Chief Minister: Bhupendra Bhai Patel
- MWL’s Chief Operating Officer (COO): Milind Kulkarni