Plumbex India Exhibition ceremony of was started by Honourable Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs, Sh. Hardeep Singh Puri. He also announced the Bharat Tap project, a campaign to produce low-flow fixtures and sanitaryware to help India enter a new era of water conservation and sustainable development. Plumbex India is a three-day event that will take place in the Pragati Maidan in New Delhi and is the country’s largest solo exhibition on plumbing, water, and sanitation products.
- It is a public awareness campaign to promote BIS Certified Water Efficient Plumbing Fixtures under IS 17650, Parts 1 and 2, which include Low Flow Sanitaryware and Sanitary Fittings that minimise water dispensation at the source, saving at least 40% of water.
- This will save both water and energy because less water will be required for pumping, transportation, and purification.
- At Plumbex India, Sh. Hardeep Singh Puri also served the ‘Nirmal Jal Prayas.’ Because it is critical to safeguard fossil water/underground water, NAREDCO Mahi, through the Nirmal Jal Prayaas, looks into mapping ground water.
- NAREDCO Mahi’s ‘Nirmal Jal Prayaas’ is an initiative that will disseminate and emphasise water conservation advocacy, awareness, and amplification.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs: Sh. Hardeep Singh Puri