The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced that Yo-Yo Test and Dexa will be a part of the selection criteria. BCCI has also discussed the player’s availability, workload management, and fitness parameters in the team review meeting along with the roadmap of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023. ICC Cricket World Cup is scheduled in October and November, and it is to be hosted by India.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
BCCI Announced Yo-Yo Test and Dexa to be a Part of India Selection Criteria – Key Points
- BCCI has shortlisted 20 players who will be rotated for proper preparations for the ODI World Cup 2023.
- The BCCI will give preference for international cricket while making sure the IPL is not diluted.
- The Men’s FTP and preparations for ICC CWC 2023, the National Cricket Academy (NCA) will work in tandem with the IPL franchisees to monitor the targeted Indian players participating in the IPL 2023.
- The emerging players will have to play a substantial domestic season to be eligible for selection to the National team.
- The meeting was held ahead of the white-ball series against Sri Lanka, which begins on 3rd January 2023 in Mumbai.
- It was in the process of being held after England thrashed India by 10 wickets in the Men’s T20 World Cup semifinals.
- The meeting was attended by BCCI President Roger Binny, Honorary Secretary Jay Shah, Captain Rohit Sharma, head coach Rahul Dravid, Head of Cricket (NCA) V.V.S. Laxman, and Chairman of Senior Men selection Committee Chetan Sharma.