Central Vigilance Commission observes Vigilance Awareness Week during the week in which 31st of October, the birthday of the late Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel falls. This year, Vigilance Awareness Week is being observed from 31st October to 6th November 2022 with the following theme: “Corruption-free India for a developed Nation”.
As a precursor to Vigilance Awareness Week 2022, the Central Vigilance Commission had carried out a three-month campaign highlighting certain preventive vigilance initiatives as focus areas for all the Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations.
The six focus areas include the following:
a) Property Management
b) Management of Assets
c) Record Management
d) Technological Initiatives comprising two parameters
- Website Maintenance & updation
- Identification of new areas for service delivery for customers to be brought on the online portal and initiation of steps for creating an Online platform.
e) Updation of guidelines/circulars / Manuals wherever found necessary
f) Disposal of complaints
About the Vigilance Awareness Week:
In course of observance of Vigilance Awareness Week, public meetings will be held at district and block levels involving the students, youth, academics, serving and retired Govt. officials, Self Help Groups, NGOs and members of civil society in order to raise public awareness against perils of corruption and enlist the support of all the stakeholders in the anti-corruption campaign.
Further, debate, quiz, cartoon, slogans, painting, rangoli & poster competitions on anti-corruption theme amongst the school and college students have been planned. Public rallies, walkathon and marathon etc. involving students and different sections of society will also be organised at different places to raise awareness.
About the Central Vigilance Commission:
- The Central Vigilance Commission has the mandate under the Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003 to fight corruption and to ensure integrity in public administration.
- It is charged with monitoring all vigilance activities under the Central Government and advising various authorities in Central Government and organizations under it, in planning, executing and reviewing their vigilance work in order to bring out systemic improvement in governance.
- In addition, the Commission with its outreach activities also endeavours to create awareness amongst the common man, especially the youth, towards the policy of achieving transparency, accountability and corruption-free governance.