Chhatrapati Shivaji statue unveiled by Devendra Fadnavis in Mauritius
Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis revealed a statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in Mauritius. He highlighted Maharashtra’s potential as a leading industrial and investment destination in India at the Indo-Mauritius Business Forum and signed an MoU to promote trade between Mauritius and Maharashtra.
Chhatrapati Shivaji statue unveiled in Mauritius: Key Points
- Fadnavis attended a cultural event with Mauritius Prime Minister Pravind Jugnauth and will meet with members of the Maharashtrian community.
- During his visit to Mauritius, Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis unveiled a statue of the Maratha warrior king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and emphasized that our existence today is indebted to Shivaji Maharaj.
- Fadnavis lauded Shivaji Maharaj’s accomplishments, particularly his exceptional management of the tax system and law and order.
- He also pledged a grant of 44 million Mauritius rupees for the construction of a multipurpose hall and a scholarship for 10 students.
- The inauguration ceremony was attended by Mauritian Prime Minister Pravind Kumar Jugnauth and members of the Mauritius Marathi Mandali Federation.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams
- President of Mauritius: Prithvirajsing Roopun
- Prime Minister of Mauritius: Pravind Kumar Jugnauth
- Mauritian Currency: Mauritian rupee
- Capital of Mauritius: Port Louis