Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik inaugurated an ‘International Craft Summit’ in Jajpur. The International Craft Summit is the first-of-its-kind craft summit to feature pioneer craftspersons, culture, and art enthusiasts. CM Naveen Patnaik addressed the inaugural event of the International Craft Summit virtually and noted that it is a historic occasion for Odisha.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
CM Naveen Patnaik Inaugurated ‘International Craft Summit’ in Odisha- Key Points
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has inaugurated the 3-day International Craft Summit in Jajpur, Odisha.
- Jajpur was the ancient capital of Odisha and has existing assets of religious tourism, urban tourism, and Buddhist tourism.
- The CM also noted that Jajpur has the potential to become a major tourist hub and the cultural heritage of Jajpur is reflected in its vibrant art forms.
- For the International Craft Summit, four UN agencies and five UNESCO creative cities have partnered with Jajpur.
- Delegates from 15 countries are in the town to engage with local artisans and other stakeholders.
- CM Naveen Patnaik also noted that the Odisha government is developing mechanisms for holistic development of the tourism, handloom, and handicrafts sector.
- The state has placed various policies including State Tourism Policy, Handicrafts Policy, Apparel, and Technical Textile Policy.
- Science & Technology Minister Ashok Panda, Rural Development Priti Ranjan Ghadai, and Handloom, Textile & Handicrafts Minister Rita Sahu highlighted the cultural heritage of Odisha and its significance in the modern age.
- Chief of UNESCO Culture Sector for South Asian countries, Junhi Han, appreciated the efforts of the state to the promotion of local art, artists, and artisans.
Wayanad becomes the first district in the country to provide basic documents to all tribal
Kerala Higher Education Minister Allows 60 days Maternity Leave for Female Students