Kerala‘s Wayanad becomes the first district in the country to provide basic documents and facilities such as Aadhaar cards, ration cards, birth/death certificates, election ID cards, bank accounts and health insurance to all tribespeople. Apart from the basic documents, other services such as income certificates, ownership certificates, age certificates, and applications for new pensions are also provided at the camps.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Through this camp:
- The Wayanad district administration has attained the meritorious achievement by providing 1,42,563 services to as many as 64,670 tribal beneficiaries as part of the Akshaya Big Campaign for Document Digitisation (ABCD) campaign.
- This includes ration cards to 15,796 families, Aadhar cards to 31,252, birth certificates to 11,300, voters’ identity cards to 22,488 and digital locker facilities to 22,888 persons through the ABCD campaign.
- The drive was launched in November 2021 at Thondarnadu grama panchayat. The campaign is aimed at ensuring basic documents to all citizens belonging to the Scheduled Tribes communities and these documents are digitalised and saved in DigiLocker accounts opened for them.
Digitalising the documents through DigiLocker will help the beneficiaries easily retrieve the documents in case these are lost or damaged.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Kerala Capital: Thiruvananthapuram;
- Kerala Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan;
- Kerala Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan.
You may also read:
- India’s First Carbon Neutral Farm Inaugurated In Kerala
- Kerala Tourism won “Responsible Tourism Global award” at the World Travel Mart