Constitution of India
There are many unknown facts about about the constitution of India which are very interesting. Lets see what are these unknown and interesting facts about our constitution:
Important Articles of Constitution of India 2022
- The Constituent Assembly drafted the Constitution. The 389-member legislature (which was reduced to 299 following India’s partition) worked on the Constitution for over three years, holding eleven sessions over a 165-day period.
- The Constituent Assembly convened for the first time on December 9, 1946.
- BR Ambedkar is regarded as the Father of India’s Constitution.
- 26 November, 1949 is the date on which our Constitution became legally binding. In 1930, the date of January 26 was chosen to announce Purna Swaraj, or complete freedom.
- On January 24, 1950, the assembly’s final session convened. The constitution was signed by each member twice, once in Hindi and once in English.
- Prem Behari hand-wrote the original constitution in flowing Italic style, with each page embellished by Shantiniketan painters like as Beohar Rammanohar Sinha and Nandalal Bose.
- M N Roy first gave the idea of constitution in 1934.
- It has the world’s longest constitution. It has a Preamble, 22 parts with 448 articles, 12 schedules, 5 appendices, and 115 amendments in its current form.
- When India became a republic on January 26, 1950, the National Emblem was chosen.
- On December 13, 1946, then-Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru introduced the “Objectives Resolution,” which was later adopted as the Preamble on January 22, 1947.
- At the Central Library of the Parliament, three exclusive copies of the Indian Constitution are kept in special helium-filled cases that are 22 inches long and 16 inches broad.
- Our constitution was written in two languages – Hindi and English – in its original form. Each member of the constituent assembly signed both of these copies.
- The Indian Constitution is known as a “bag of borrowings” since it incorporates laws from the constitutions of numerous other countries, including the United States, the Soviet Union, the United Kingdom, France, and others.
- The final text of the Indian Constitution took two years, eleven months, and eighteen days to complete. It’s no surprise that it’s the world’s longest Constitution.
- Before being fully finalised, as many as 2000 amendments were made to the draft of the Constitution.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Republic Day 2023 History, Significance, and Celebrations
Frequently Asked Question
Q.Who wrote the preamble of India?
Ans. Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru moved the objective resolution on 13th December 1946. This later was accepted as the preamble to the constitution of India.
Q.What are the basic features of Indian Constitution?
Ans. The basic features of the Indian Constitution are that it the longest constitution which has drawn its articles and principles from various sources including the constitutions of several countries. It also has a Parliamentary form of government with a federal system and a unitary bias, among many other features.
Q.What are the rules of Preamble?
Ans. The rules of Preamble are that India is a Sovereign, Socialist, Secular, and Democratic Republic. It also secures Justice, Equality, Liberty and Fraternity to all the citizens of the country.
Preamble of Indian Constitution
Q.What is amendment 9th?
Ans. The 9th amendment was an Act to further amend the Indian Constitution to allow transfer of certain territories to the state of Pakistan in regards to the agreements signed between the Indian and Pakistani governments.