Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), a ‘Maharatna’ and Fortune Global 500 company, has teamed up with UltraCash Technologies Pvt. Ltd. to provide BharatGas customers with a voice-based digital payment option for booking LPG cylinders. Customers who do not have access to a smartphone or the internet can use this feature to book cylinders and pay via the ‘UPI 123PAY’ system. Customers can call the common number 080 4516 3554 from a non-internet phone to reserve a BharatGas cylinder for themselves or for friends in simple steps and in a secure manner thanks to the collaboration with Ultra Cash.
- Around 4 crore BharatGas customers in rural India will benefit from the implementation of this option.
- After the RBI Governor announced the launch of UPI 123PAY last week, BPCL is the first company in India to offer their service to consumers. UltraCash is a mobile payment app created by UltraCash Technologies Pvt Ltd and approved by India’s National Payment Corporation (NPCI).
- More than 13,000 BharatGas customers transacted for more than Rs. One Crore in the month leading up to the launch, implying that Rs. 100 Crore in transactions could be expected in the next twelve months.
- With the Indian government encouraging the use of LPG through programmes like the Ujjwala Yojana, this facility will aid in the penetration of rural markets. Though anyone can use this service, it is primarily designed for non-feature phone users. However, the ease and security of UPI123PAY payments will make it popular among all segments and users. As a result, BharatGas is providing a service that is really BHARAT.”
- UltraCash co-founder Vishal Lal stated, “We’re ecstatic to join BPCL on this incredible adventure of bringing the next generation of customers into the digital revolution. Customers can now pay their bills online thanks to RBI and NPCI’s ground-breaking initiative.
About Bharat Petroleum:
Bharat Petroleum, the second-largest Indian oil marketing company and one of India’s premier integrated energy companies, is engaged in crude oil refining and marketing, with a significant presence in both the upstream and downstream sectors of the oil and gas industry. The company was awarded the coveted Maharatna designation, allowing it to join an exclusive group of businesses with greater operational and financial autonomy. The refineries of Bharat Petroleum in Mumbai and Kochi, as well as the subsidiary Bharat Oman Refineries Ltd. in Bina, Madhya Pradesh.