Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla has launched the official mobile application of the Parliament named ‘Digital Sansad App’ on January 27, 2022, to allow citizens to access live proceedings of the House, including the Union Budget 2022 live. The app will make the Parliament and Parliamentary proceedings accessible not only to the members but also to the public of the country.
About the Digital Sansad App:
- Through the Digital Sansad App, citizens can check what their members of Parliament are doing, what debates they are participating in and what they are saying. Using the app, parliamentarians can also digitally log their attendance.
- The app contains information on budget speeches since 1947 as well as House discussions from the 12th Lok Sabha to 17th Lok Sabha. It will also contain a live telecast of Sansad proceedings. 2022 Budget session can also be watched live on this App.
How will this app help MPs?
- The app will also help members of parliament to access services like checking personal updates viz., House bulletins, the status of their notices, etc.
- MPs are barred from using laptops inside the house. Thus, this app will become handy for MPs to get parliamentary information during any debate in the House.
- In future, this app will help MPs to log in for attendance, give questions for the Question Hour as well as submit notices for debates or adjournment motions.
Why this app was launched?
Legislature is required to keep its constituents apprised of its routine proceedings. This objective needs Parliament to keep its communication channels up-to-date with evolving technological landscape. Thus, parliament started expanding its digital footprint. The launch of the ’Digital Sansad App’ is an initiative in that direction.