The Bekal International Beach festival:
The ‘Spice Coast’ in the far north of Kerala, better known as North Malabar, bask in myriad colours and the pomp and splendour of the cultural extravaganza titled ‘Bekal International Beach Festival’. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has inaugurated the 10-day first international beach festival, that captures the wholeness and the essence of the district’s cultural and artistic uniqueness and displays the rich cultural diversity and grandeur of the country, at the majestic Bekal Beach Park.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the Bekal International Beach festival
It is organised by Bekal Resorts Development Corporation (BRDC) in association with the District Tourism Promotion Council, Kudumbashree, Asmi Holidays, and the local self-government bodies in the district. In Kerala, festival dates are decided in accordance with the Malayalam calendar and the local traditions and customs.
Bekal International Beach festival: Important facts
- It showcases the country’s rich cultural diversity and magnificence in the majestic Bekal Beach Park.
- Around five lakh people from all over the world enjoy this festival at three places of Chandragiri, Tejaswini and Payaswini.
- The festival reflects a cross-section of culture and the unique identity of the land.
- More than 1,000 international, national and local artists performed at the Beach Festival.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Kerala Capital: Thiruvananthapuram;
- Kerala Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan;
- Kerala Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan.
You may also read:
- India’s First Carbon Neutral Farm Inaugurated In Kerala
- Kerala Tourism won “Responsible Tourism Global award” at the World Travel Mart