Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman has launched ”MSME Prerana”, an online business mentoring programme for MSMEs by state-run Indian Bank. The programme, to be made available in local languages, is aimed at empowering entrepreneurs through skill development and capacity building workshops.
Important points of the Initiative:
- Indian Bank has taken an out-of-the-box initiative in launching MSME Prerana which will handhold the entrepreneurs through a mentoring program.
- The initiative is in collaboration with Poornatha & Co, a firm that designs entrepreneurial development programs in vernacular languages using online web-based interactive sessions and case studies.
- MSME Prerana will bridge the gap in business skills as well as communication & Human Resource (HR) by providing inputs in simple terms and in the local vernacular.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- On April 1, 2020, Allahabad Bank amalgamated with Indian Bank.
- Indian Bank MD and CEO: Padmaja Chunduru.
- The tagline of Indian Bank: Your Own Bank.