The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), a statutory body of the Department of Science and Technology (DST) has announced the SERB Women Excellence Award for the year 2021, on the occasion of the International Day of Women and Girls in Science. Four young women fellows of National Science Academies have been awarded SERB Women Excellence Award 2021.
WARRIOR 5.0 Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams Banking Awareness Online Coaching | Bilingual
The winners include:
- Dr Shobhna Kapoor – Assistant Professor at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, working in the area of Chemical Biology with expertise in ‘Host-Pathogen Interactions and Membrane Biology, Chemical Biology and Biophysics’
- Dr Antara Banerjee – Scientist B National Institute For Research In Reproductive Health, Mumbai, Maharashtra from the Health Sciences area with expertise in Signal Transduction, Biology of Reproduction and Endocrinology,
- Dr Sonu Gandhi – Scientist D from National Institute Of Animal Biotechnology, Hyderabad from Bionanotechnology area focusing on Nanosensors, Design and Fabrication of Label-free Biosensors
- Dr Ritu Gupta – Assistant Professor at Indian Institute Of Technology Jodhpur, Rajasthan working on Nanotechnology with expertise in Materials Science, Nanodevices and Sensors, Health & Energy
About SERB Women Excellence Award 2021
- It is a one-time award being presented by SERB to women scientists since 2013 to support basic research in the frontier areas of science and engineering.
- The women scientists should be below 40 years of age.
- She must have received recognition from any one or more of the National Academies such as Young Scientist Medal, Young Associateship, etc.
- The award provides a grant of Rs. 15 lakhs for a period of three years to the awardees to pursue their research ideas.