French President Macron’s India Visit: List of Deals and Announcements
French President Emmanuel Macron concluded his two-day visit to India, participating as the chief guest in the 75th Republic Day celebrations. The visit aimed at strengthening strategic ties between India and France, featuring a 40-member delegation and significant diplomatic engagements.
Defence and Aerospace
- Roadmap for India-France Defence Industrial Partnership
- Letter of Intent for Defence Space Partnership
- Memorandum of Understanding between NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) and Arianespace SAS, France
- Memorandum of Agreement between TATA Advanced Systems Limited (TASL) and Airbus to establish an assembly line for H125 helicopters in India.
Science and Technology
- Framework Cooperation Arrangement between Department of Science and Technology (DST), India, and Institut National de Recherche pour l’Agriculture, l’Alimentation et l’Environnement (INRAE), France
- Framework Arrangement on Cooperation in Funding Research Projects between DST, India, and Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR), France
Health and Medicine
- Declaration of Intent between the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, India, and the Ministry of Labour, Health, and Solidarity of France on cooperation in health and medicine.
Public Administration and Urban Development
- Letter of Intent between the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, India, and the Ministry of Public Sector Transformation and the Civil Service, France, on public administration and administrative reforms.
- Renewal of Agreement on Sustainable Urban Development.
- Declaring 2026 as India-France Year of Innovation
- Operationalisation of Unified Payment Interface (UPI) at Eiffel Tower
- Setting up a Solar Academy in Senegal under the STAR-C program of the International Solar Alliance
- Establishment of India’s Consulate in Marseille and French Bureau de France in Hyderabad
- Operationalisation of the Young Professional Scheme under the Migration and Mobility Partnership Agreement
- Operationalisation of 5-year validity Schengen Visa for Indian Masters alumni of French institutions
- Support to France for the United Nations Ocean Conference in Nice in 2025.