Union Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Shri Giriraj inaugurated the “SARAS AAJEEVIKA MELA, 2022” at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. Shri Singh informed that the Ministry of Rural Development has received over 60,000 applications from 3 states for start-up ventures in niche products and crafts areas.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Giriraj Singh Inaugurated SARAS AAJEEVIKA MELA 2022 at New Delhi- Key Points
- Shri Singh informed that it was Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, who launched StartUp India from the ramparts of Red Fort in 2015, and now we have more than 80,000 start-ups from 400 odd start-ups in 2014.
- India ranks 3rd in the world in terms of the start-up ecosystem and there are over 100 unicorns active in the country.
- Women of SHG Members will have their start-ups as the proposals are under active consideration by the ministry.
- The Rural Development Minister informed that NRLM has been undertaking several efforts in supporting businesses run by rural SHG women that are engaged in producing food products, handicrafts, handloom, etc.
- As part of the efforts to connect producers to markets, NRLM and SRLMs have taken steps to promote curated products from SHGs and SHG member entrepreneurs through multiple channels such as Saras Gallery, State-specific retail outlets, e-Commerce platforms like GeM, Flipkart, and Amazon.
- Moreover, there have been efforts by States/UTs also in getting SHGs products registered on e-commerce platforms including Flipkart, Amazon, Meesho, etc.