MCQs on Indian Constitution and Policies
The India Constitutional and Policy MCQs will provide the students with the best way to prepare for their competitive exams like UPSC and SSC. It will also help them with a quick revision. In this quiz, you’ll check your learning about the Constitution of India and various policies. Solutions are provided in this article too.
- The National commission for women was set up in which year?
Solution 1: d) 1992. The National Commission for women was set up in 1992 as a statutory body by the government of India in January.
- What is the type of GST tax?
a) Indirect tax
b) direct tax
c) both a) and b)
d) None of the above
Solution 2: a) Indirect tax. GST or Goods and services tax is a type of indirect tax.
- The state election commission is elected by whom?
a) Supreme court
b) Prime Minister
c) Chief minister
Solution 3: d) Governor. The state election commissioner is appointed by the Governor who serves the state election commission. The governor has the power to select the tenure and conditions of service.
- The GSTIN (identification number) consists of how many digits?
Solution 4: c) 15. The GSTIN consists of 15 digits.
- The directive principles of state policy (DPSP) are adopted from the Constitution of which country?
a) South America
d) South Africa
Solution 5: c) Ireland. The Directive Principles of state policy are adopted from the Irish Constitution. The DPSP Re covers articles 36 to 51 in the Indian constitution.
- Which article says, “Untouchability is abolished and its practice in any form is forbidden.”
a) Article 21
b) Article 17
c) Article 22
d) Article 16
Solution 6: b) Article 17. Article 17 of the Indian constitution says the above-mentioned lines.
- The Indian constitution was hand-written by whom?
a) Prem Behari Narain Raizada
b) B.R. Ambedkar
c) Balasaheb Gangadhar Kher
d) None of the above
Solution 7: a) Prem Behari Narain Raizada. The original Indian constitution was hand-written by Prem Behari Narain Raizada in English and he did not charge any fees for writing the Indian constitution by hand.
- When was the Constitution of India implemented?
a) 26th January 1948
b) 15th August 1948
c) 25th December 1950
d) 26th January 1950
Solution 8: d) 26th January 1950. The constitution of India took 2 years, 11 months and 18 days to be completed. Some of the provisions were declared on 26th November 1949, but the major part of the Indian constitution came into force on 26th January 1950.
- Which is the highest law of Land?
a) Indian Constitution
b) Penal code
d) All of the Above
Solution 9: a) Indian constitution. The constitution is the supreme law of the land. In 2007, the supreme court ruled that the Constitution is the supreme law of the land and even the highest court of the country cannot violate it.
- Freedom of religion is guaranteed by which official document of India?
b) Indian constitution
d) Fundamental rights
Solution 10: d) Fundamental rights. Article 25-28 of the fundamental rights guarantees the freedom of religion.