Steel and Mines Minister Prafulla Kumar Mallik has informed the state Assembly that Gold deposits have been found at different locations in three districts of Odisha, including Deogarh, Keonjhar, and Mayurbhanj. The Minister informed that the State Directorate of Mines and geology and the Geological Survey of India (GSI) conducted a preliminary survey and found the presence of gold deposits in the Adas area of Deogarh, Gopur, Gazipur, Kusakala, Adal, Saleikana, Dimirimunda, and Karadanga area of Keonjhar.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Gold Deposits Found at Different Locations in Three Districts of Odisha- Key Points
- The Gold deposits are also found in the Jashipur, Suriaguda, Ruansi, ladelkucha, Maredihi, Suleipat, and Badampahar areas of the Mayurbhanj district.
- The Minister also informed that the survey conducted by GSI has concluded that 1685kg of gold is present in the copper ore at the G2 Level in the Adas area.
- 6.67 million tonnes of copper, 0.638 million tonnes of silver and 0.10 million tonnes of nickel are estimated to have been present in copper ore in the region.
- In survey, two gold-carrying quartz veins were found in the Gopur area during a survey conducted by the State Mine and Geology Directorate from 1977-83, and 1989-96.
- The presence of gold is also found in Saleikana in the Quezon vein on the Southern side of Gopur and Saleikana Area.