Good Governance Day 2022:
Good Governance Day: Every year, in honour of former Indian Prime Minister Atal Vihari Vajpayee’s birthday, India observes “Good Governance Day“. The day is devoted to former prime minister Atal Vihari Vajpayee. Prime Minister Narendra Modi 2014 announced that “Good Governance Day” will be observed annually on December 25 in memory of the former PM.
Good Governance Day: History
The Indian government decided that every year December 25 would be a full day of work. The government has been commemorating Good Governance Day every year since 2014. The day is celebrated to t make sure that the country’s residents are treated fairly by the government and they receive the advantages of various government services. The purpose of Good Governance Day is to increase public access to various government programmes and services via good governance. It was established with the slogan “Good Governance through e-Governance.”
About Atal Vihari Vajpayee:
- Atal Vihari Vajpayee, the former prime minister was born on December 25, 1924, in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
- He was elected three times as the nation’s prime minister. In 1996, he was elected as the nation’s Prime Minister for the first time.
- In 1998–1999, he was elected prime minister for a second term. On October 13, 1999, he was elected as the nation’s prime minister for the third time.
- Significantly, former prime minister Atal Vihari Vajpayee was the first head of state to address the UN in Hindi.
- The “Bharat Ratna” award was given to him on March 27, 2015.
FAQ: Good Governance Day 2022
1. When was Atal Bihari Vajpayee born?
Answer: On December 25, Atal Bihari Vajpayee was born.
2. Atal Bihari Vajpayee belonged to which political party?
Answer: Atal Bihari Vajpayee belonged to BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party).
3. What is good governance in government?
Answer: Good governance relates to the political and institutional processes and outcomes that are necessary to achieve the goals of development.
You may also read: