In order to improve the quality of life for seniors, the State Bank of India (SBI) and the Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare (DoPPW) of the Centre will work together to develop an integrated pension platform. SBI field employees were given sessions on pension policy reforms and digitization relating the disbursement of pensions to central government pensioners at a two-day banker’s awareness event in Udaipur, Rajasthan.
- According to a statement from the ministry of personnel, public complaints, and pensions, special sessions on income tax issues pertaining to pensioners were organized, and they were also informed about the digital methods of presenting annual life certificates.
- It was determined that immediate action is required to link the DoPPW and SBI portals to develop an integrated pension portal in order to offer seamless services to pensioners.
- According to the statement, banks may heavily promote face authentication technology for digital life certificates.
- It claimed that face authentication and digital life certificates would revolutionize the way pensioners and banks submit life certificates.
Benefits of the Collaboration:
- It is anticipated that these programmes will greatly contribute to the goal of improving retirees’ quality of life.
- To cover the entire nation, four such awareness campaigns would be carried out in partnership with the State Bank of India.
- In 2022–2023, awareness campaigns along similar lines will be carried out in partnership with other pension disbursing banks.
Important Takeaway for All Competitive Exams:
- SBI Chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara
- SBI MD: Alok Kumar Choudhary