Amid the rising COVID-19 cases and subsequent restrictions on travel overseas, when many countries are banning individuals from worst-hit nations, the Henley Passport Index on April 17 released its list of the most powerful passports. India stands at number 84 on the list, as the Indian citizens can visit Visa-Free or Visa-on-Arrival in over 58 places. Japan, Singapore and Germany, South Korea stand in Top 3 respectively.
The Henley Passport Index releases list which measures the world’s most travel-friendly passports. The index ranks the countries based on how strong their passport is.
- Rank 1: Japan
- Rank 2: Singapore
- Rank 3: Germany, South Korea
- Rank 4: Finland, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain
- Rank 5: Austria, Denmark
- Rank 107: Pakistan
- Rank 110: Afghanistan (Bottom)
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- International Air Transport Association Headquarters: Montreal, Canada.
- International Air Transport Association Founded: 19 April 1945.
- International Air Transport Association Leader: William M. Walsh.
- Henley & Partners Headquarters location: London, United Kingdom.
- Henley & Partners Founded: 1997.
- Henley & Partners Chairman: Christian Kalin.
- Henley & Partners CEO: Juerg Steffen.