In a significant move towards bolstering infrastructure and fostering socio-economic development, Chief Minister (CM) Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu recently spearheaded the ‘Sarkar Gaon Ke Dwar’ program at Amb-Pathiyar under the Jawalamukhi assembly constituency. The event served as a platform for the CM to engage with local residents and gain insight into their concerns, while also unveiling a series of transformative announcements aimed at propelling the region forward.
Expansion of Administrative Infrastructure
- The CM announced the establishment of the office of the Block Development Officer in Surani, a division of the Jal Shakti department in Jawalamukhi, and a subdivision in Majheen.
- Additionally, plans were unveiled for the upgrade of Majheen and Lagdu sub-tehsils, along with the inauguration of a sub-tehsil in Bhadoli.
- Notably, the announcement also included the opening of Patwar circles in Luthan and Hiran, reinforcing administrative accessibility and efficiency across the region.
Infrastructure Development Projects
- Recognizing the critical need for enhanced connectivity, the CM disclosed plans for the construction of vital bridges at Suthoda-Pattan and Sudhangal over the River Beas. These projects are poised to facilitate smoother transportation and foster economic activities in the area.
- Furthermore, the initiative includes the construction of a heliport at Jawalamukhi, signaling a leap forward in transportation infrastructure and emergency medical services.
- In a bid to strengthen educational facilities, the CM announced the construction of an administrative building at Jawalamukhi College, accompanied by the commencement of Post Graduate classes in commerce, mathematics, political science, and Hindi.(Notably, the college will be renamed in honor of freedom fighter Pandit Sushil Rattan, the father of sitting MLA Sanjay Rattan)
- The transformative agenda also encompasses the upgrade of Dehriyan and Choukaath government high schools to Government Senior Secondary Schools (GSSS), along with the elevation of Government Middle Schools in Vangal Chowki, Thada, Salihar, and Bohan-Bhari to high schools, aiming to enhance access to quality education.
- Health infrastructure received a boost with the announcement of a new primary health center in Pihadi, catering to the healthcare needs of the local populace.
- Additionally, the CM announced the establishment of a sub-division of the Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board Limited (HPSEBL) in Lagdu, underscoring the commitment to bolstering essential services.
- The infrastructural development agenda also includes the installation of 33 KW sub-stations at Majhin and Thehra, addressing the evolving energy requirements of the region.