Hockey India has launched a new metaverse product to tie in with its hosting of the Men’s World Cup in Bhubaneswar and Rourkela from January 13-29. ‘Hockeyverse’, which Hockey India claims marks a first for a national sports federation, has been launched across the governing body’s social media platforms and is designed to enhance the tournament experience for fans around the world.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the ‘Hockeyverse’ features
- The ‘Hockeyverse’ features unique attractions such as replica of the newly built Birsa Munda Hockey Stadium, there is also The Time Machine which is uniquely designed based on time travel elements, this building just outside the main entrance of the stadium has 2 rooms, consisting of a brief history of Indian Hockey’s achievements so far and their current achievements.
- ‘Hockeyverse’ will provide a new virtual experience where global hockey fans can visit and experience their favourite sport from the comfort of their home, on their personal computer. Upon entering the ‘Hockeyverse’ URL in a browser they are welcomed to the ‘hockeyverse’ virtual world page.
- Fans can then enter their name, email address and then select their virtual Avatar’s gender between male avatar and female avatar. Then they should click on ‘Enter Hockeyverse’ button. Once they are in, the Hockeyverse can be explored by fans using their keyboard and mouse.
You may also read:
- Chetan Sharma reappointed as Chairman of BCCI’s selection committee
- BCCI Announced Yo-Yo Test and Dexa to be a Part of India Selection Criteria