Chairman of BCCI’s selection committee
Chetan Sharma was reappointed as the chairman of the senior selection committee, exactly two months after his entire panel was disbanded by the BCCI for the Indian team’s semifinal exit in the T20 World Cup. Salil Ankola, Shiv Sunar Das, Subroto Banerjee and Sridharan Sharath are new members of the selection committee. The new committee has been picked by the Cricket Advisory Committee comprising Ashok Malhotra, Jatin Paranjape and Sulakshana Naik. The committee further recommended Chetan Sharma for the role of Chairman of the senior men’s selection committee.
About the new member
- Salil Ankola, the former chief selector of the Mumbai cricket team, played 20 ODIs and 1 Test match between 1989 to 1997. His Test debut came along with Sachin Tendulkar against Pakistan in 1989.
- A domestic cricket veteran, Shiv Sundar Das played 23 Tests and scored 1326 runs. He also donned 4 ODI caps. Das finished his first-class career with mammoth 10908 runs in 180 matches. He has worked with the Indian women’s cricket team as the batting coach.
- Subroto Banerjee made it to the Indian team in 1991 and made his Test debut against Australia in 1992. He played 1 Test and 6 ODIs. The former right-arm pacer scalped 135 wickets in 59 first-class matches and dismissed 54 batsmen in 49 List A matches.
- A domestic cricket giant, Sridharan Sharath remained uncapped in international cricket. He was a mainstay for Tamil Nadu. Sharath scored 8700 runs in 139 matches at a solid average of 51.17.
You may also read this:
- BCCI prepares to Send SOS to MS Dhoni for a BIG ROLE with Indian T20 Set-Up
- BCCI Decides To End Discrimination; Offer Equal Pay To Men & Women Cricketers
Important takeaways for all competitive exams: