Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2023
The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2023 convention in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, was formally opened by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The Prime Minister urged Pravasi Bhartiya to support India’s distinctive global perspective and its significant position within the international system on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas: Key Points
- According to Prime Minister Modi, the Indian diaspora can play a significant role as the nation’s brand ambassador at a time when the world is looking to India with hope and faith on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas.
- They are brand ambassadors for Make in India, yoga, ayurveda, India’s cottage industries, handicrafts, and millets, according to Mr. Modi.
- Speaking about the diversification of India’s economy, PM Modi claimed that the country has the capacity to develop into a knowledge hub with a capital for skills.
- Chandrika Prasad Santokhi, president of Suriname, spoke at the event and suggested that the NRI be incorporated in Amrit Kaal’s framework for India’s 25 years of growth.
- He suggested creating institutions for the Indian diaspora that would concentrate on different topics like languages, movies, IT, etc.
World Braille Day 2023 celebrates on 4th January
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas: Other Highlights
- India is one of the top economies in the world, has the biggest startup environment, and is the origin of cutting-edge technologies like Tejas and Arihant, thus the world is interested in learning about our future as well as our speed and skill.
- The Prime Minister asked the diaspora to stay informed about India’s advancements as well as cultural and spiritual facts so they may promote India to the rest of the world on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas.
- The prime minister also urged the documentation of the difficulties, triumphs, and lives of Indians living abroad in other nations on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas.
World Day of War Orphans 2023: History and Significance
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2023: About the convention
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan, the chief minister of Madhya Pradesh, and S Jaishankar, the minister of external affairs, both spoke during the programme of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas.
- According to Mr. Chouhan, the Prime Minister is entangling the entire world in the Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam mantra and leading the nation to new heights on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas.
- The event of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas attracts NRIs from about 70 different nations.
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2023, will mark the conference’s conclusion.
- The Pravasi Bharatiya Samman will be awarded during the valedictory session, which will be presided over by President Droupadi Murmu on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
Nation celebrates 17th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas on 9th January 2023
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas: About
The Republic of India has celebrated Pravasi Bharatiya Divas on January 9 since 2003 to recognise the contribution of the Indian people living abroad to the growth of India. The day honours Mahatma Gandhi’s arrival in Mumbai on January 9, 1915, after travelling to South Africa.