ICICI Lombard General Insurance has partnered with Airtel Payments Bank to offer cyber insurance to customers of the bank. This Cyber Insurance policy provides financial protection to customers against potential financial fraud relating to banking, credit or debit card; identity theft; phishing or email spoofing etc. Airtel Payments Bank customers can purchase this cyber insurance policy within minutes using the Airtel Thanks app.
About the Policy:
- The insurance comes with zero waiting period and allows users to make multiple claims multiple times during the policy tenure, within the limits of the insured amount opted for
- The policy will provide a 90-day discovery period followed by a seven-day reporting period.
- This means that if the insured discovers an unauthorised transaction processed from their card or account on the 90th day from the transaction date, they can still report it in the next seven days to the issuing bank or mobile wallet company.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Airtel Payments Bank’s MD and CEO: Anubrata Biswas;
- Airtel Payments Bank Headquarters: New Delhi;
- Airtel Payments Bank Founded: January 2017;
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Headquarter: Mumbai, Maharashtra;
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance MD & CEO: Bhargav Dasgupta.