Under the chairship of India, the First Meeting of the BRICS Contact Group on Economic and Trade Issues (CGETI) was held from 9th March 2021 to 11th March 2021. The 2021 theme of the BRICS is “BRICS@15: Intra BRICS Cooperation for Continuity, Consolidation, and Consensus”.
India presented the calendar of events for BRICS CGETI 2021, this includes the priority areas for deliverables, schedule and scope of the MSME roundtable conference workshop on Services Statistics, and the BRICS Trade Fair. A series of presentations on the proposed deliverables during India’s chairship under the BRICS CGETI track was made in a separate session by the concerned departments of the government of India.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
The proposed deliverables were:
- Action plan based on the document “Strategy for BRICS Economic Partnership 2025” adopted during the Russian Presidency in 2020
- BRICS Cooperation on Multilateral Trading system including cooperation for the TRIPS Waiver proposal at WTO;
- Framework for Consumer Protection in E-Commerce;
- Non-Tariff Measures (NTM) Resolution Mechanism;
- Sanitary and Phyto-Sanitary (SPS) Working Mechanism;
- Co-operation framework for the protection of Genetic Resources and Traditional Knowledge
- BRICS Framework on Co-operation in Professional Services.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- BRICS Establishment: 2009.
- BRICS Members: Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
- The First BRICS Ministerial Meeting was held on 20th September 2006.
Find More Summits and Conferences Here