Tata Motors has launched ‘Wheels of Love’, a holistic programme that supports new parents in the workforce. This is a move to promote a progressive culture of care, inclusion and sensitisation within the organisation across levels. A specially curated book, also aptly titled, Wheels of Love, puts forth various beliefs to enable new and expectant parents to successfully manage the needs of a growing family while also fulfilling their career goals. This guide book also provides valuable insights for managers to support their team members as they progress through the various stages of parenthood.
The most important aspects of the program include:
- Announcing pregnancy in the workplace, understanding the manager’s dilemma, managing work performance effectively, handing over the job, managing maternity leave and transitioning back to work
- Mother and Manager guides to help you navigate through the different stages of motherhood, parenting, and getting back to work
- Dedicated counseling sessions for new parents to deal with emotional and psychological challenges that may arise
- One-to-one classes for pregnant / new mothers and their managers on how to manage work transitions
- Assigning a friend to the new mothers to keep in touch with their workplaces during the maternity leave
- Staff resource groups, a special community of new parents to get involved, share insights and experiences
- Webinars on relevant topics including how to prepare for newborn babies, childcare tasks for couples with dual careers, and much more
Tata Motors will continue to prioritize Diversity and Inclusion to harness the collective strength of its workforce and develop innovative business solutions to improve the community and contribute to the overall growth of the country.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Tata motors HQ: Mumbai; CEO: Guenter Butschek.