India has taken first place in the medal standings at the ISSF World Cup 2022 in Cairo, organised by the International Shooting Sport Federation. By winning a total of seven medals, the Indian team took first place in the medals tally, with four gold, two silver, and one bronze. Norway took second place in the medals tally with six medals (three gold, one silver, and two bronze). France came in third place with three gold medals out of a total of twenty.
- On the final day of the ISSF World Cup 2022 in Cairo, Egypt, Indian shooters took home two medals.
- Rhythm Sangwan and Anish Bhanwala won the 25m rapid fire pistol mixed team gold medal match against Thailand 17-7 in the tournament’s final event.
- Earlier in the day, India’s Gurpreet Singh, Anish Bhanwala, and Bhavesh Shekhawat were defeated 7-17 by Germany in the gold medal match of the men’s 25m rapid fire pistol team competition.
- India won their third World Cup gold on Sunday, defeating Singapore 17-13 in the women’s 25m pistol team event final. In the gold medal match, Rahi Sarnobat, Esha Singh, and Rhythm Sangwan defeated the Singaporean trio of Xiu Hong, Shun Xie, and Ling Chiao Nicole Tan.
- Esha Singh had won the women’s 10m air pistol team event in addition to the silver she had earned in the women’s 10m air pistol individual event, making this her second gold and third medal of the World Cup.
- Saurabh Chaudhary won India’s first gold medal in Cairo last week. In the gold medal match of the Men’s 10m Air Pistol event, the 19-year-old Indian defeated Michael Schwald of Germany 16-6.