- According to the Ministry of Culture, India entered the Guinness Book of World Records by simultaneously waving 78,220 flags at the ‘Veer Kunwar Singh Vijayotsav’ programme in Bhojpur, Bihar. India made history and entered the Guinness Book of World Records by simultaneously waving the largest number of national flags. Amit Shah, the Union Home Minister, was present at the historic event.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- Representatives from the Guinness Book of World Records were on hand to observe the effort, and spectators were required to wear wristbands for physical identification.
- The Guinness World Records certificate says, “The most people waving flags was accomplished by Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Culture, Government of India (India), to commemorate Azaadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ at Jagdishpur, Bhojpur, Bihar, India on April 23, 2022.”
- In the presence of Union Home Minister Amit Shah, 78,220 people raised the national flag simultaneously at Dalaur ground in Bihar’s Bhojpur district, setting a new record and making history.
- Pakistan had previously established a world record when 56,000 Pakistanis hoisted their national flag at an occasion in Lahore roughly 18 years ago.
- On April 23, 1858, Veer Kunwar Singh fought his final fight near Jagdishpur, defeating the East India Company. After removing the Union Jack flag from Jagdishpur Fort, Kunwar Singh died in the service of the motherland.
Find More Miscellaneous News Here