World Travel Market, WTM 2022: One of the biggest international travel expos, the World Travel Market (WTM) 2022, will have India as a participant today in London. The Future of Travel Starts Now is the exhibition’s theme for this year.
World Travel Market 2022: Key Points
- India is taking part in the WTM 2022 to promote itself as a top travel destination according to the tourism ministry.
- A total of 16 stakeholders are taking part as co-exhibitors in the India Pavilion during the course of the three-day event, including State Governments, Central Ministries, and tour operators among others.
- The aim of World Travel Market 2022 is to introduce the various tourism services and goods, such as Medical Value travel, opulent trains, and the range of tourism items, to the world’s business community.
World Travel Market: About India’s Travel and Tourism
- Travel and tourism in India contributed 5.19 percent of the country’s GDP in 2019.
- There were almost 80 million employment in the tourism industry in India.
- The ongoing efforts of the Central and State Governments have aided in the tourism sector’s gradual return to pre-pandemic levels following the Covid-19 pandemic.