15th iteration of Kerala’s Urban Mobility India Conference: The 15th iteration of Kerala’s Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference, which is taking place in Kochi, comes to an end. Among those attending the farewell event are Kerala Governor Arif Mohammed Khan, State Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs Kaushal Kishore, and State Transport Minister Antony Raju.
15th iteration of Kerala’s Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference: Key Points
- The UMI-2023 will be introduced during the event, and Governor Arif Mohammed Khan and MOS Housing & Urban Affairs Kaushal Kishore will present the Awards for Excellence in Urban Transport.
- The conference is attended by senior officials from the federal and state governments, decision-makers, managing directors of metro rail companies, chief executives of transportation companies, and foreign experts.
- “Azadi @ 75 — Sustainable Aatmanirbhar Urban Mobility” will be the main emphasis of the meeting.
- The event places a lot of attention on developing state and local capacity to deal with issues related to urban transportation.
Additionally, it will lay forth criteria for creating fair and sustainable urban transportation systems for all facets of society and concentrate on building and executing efficient, high-quality urban transportation networks.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Kerala’s Governor: Arif Mohammed Khan
- Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs Kaushal Kishore
- Minster of State Transport Minister Antony Raju