Exercise AMPHEX 2023
Indian Navy has carried out a six-day-long mega military exercise along with the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force near Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh. The “largest” biennial tri-services amphibious exercise AMPHEX 2023 was conducted from January 17 to 22. The exercise is to review the preparedness of the Indian Navy and the Army during the war, national calamities and coastal security enforcement. The exercise is being conducted near the Naval Enclave at Suryaraopeta village in Kakinada rural Mandal off Kakinada coast.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
The exercise took place amid growing concerns over China’s increasing military forays into the Indian Ocean, a region considered as the backyard of the Indian Navy. The joint operations conducted during the exercise saw participation by a large number of troops from Indian Army, amphibious warships from Indian Navy and aircraft from the Indian Air Force.
About the Indian Navy
The Indian Navy is the maritime branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy. The Chief of Naval Staff, a four-star admiral, commands the navy. As a blue-water navy, it operates significantly in the Persian Gulf Region, the Horn of Africa, the Strait of Malacca, and routinely conducts anti-piracy operations and partners with other navies in the region. It also conducts routine two to three month-long deployments in the South and East China seas as well as the western Mediterranean sea simultaneously.
- The Maratha Emperor, Chhatrapati Shivaji Bhosle of the 17th century is considered as “Father of the Indian Navy”.’
- The role of the Indian Navy is to secure the marine edges of the country and update the worldwide relations of India through seaport visits, joint exercises, altruistic missions, upheaval help, etc. Its objective is also to improve the circumstance in the Indian Ocean Zone.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief of Naval Staff: Admiral R Hari Kumar;
- Indian Navy Founded: 26 January 1950;
- Indian Navy headquarters: New Delhi.
You may also read
- Under SPRINT Scheme Indian Navy To Get Autonomous Weaponised Boat Swarms
- Indian Navy Launches INS Arnala: Anti-Submarine Warfare Shallow Water Craft