The Indian contingent showcased their exceptional skills and determination at the WTT(World Table Tennis) Contender tournament in Tunis(Capital of Tunisia). The women’s doubles pair of Sutirtha Mukherjee and Ayhika Mukherjee emerged victorious after a thrilling final, marking a significant milestone for Indian badminton.
Sutirtha Mukherjee and Ayhika Mukherjee: Champions of the WTT Contender Tournament
- Sutirtha Mukherjee and Ayhika Mukherjee defeated Miyuu Kihara and Miwa Harimoto from Japan in the final.
- The Indian duo secured a 3-1 victory, showcasing their skills and resilience throughout the match.
- Highlighting the challenging nature of the final, the scores were 11-5, 11-6, 5-11, 13-11
- Their triumph marks the first Contender title for India in the current year.
Semi-Final Triumph against Korean Duo
- Sutirtha Mukherjee and Ayhika Mukherjee faced a tough challenge in the semi-finals against the Korean pair Shin Yubin and Jeon Jihi.
- After a closely fought battle, the Indian duo emerged victorious with a 3-2 win.
- The scores were 7-11, 11-9, 11-9, 7-11, 11-9 highlight the resilience and determination displayed by the Indian pair.
Mixed Doubles and Men’s Doubles Performances
- The Indian mixed doubles pair of Manika Batra and G Sathiyan, as well as the men’s doubles duo of Manav Vikash Thakkar and Manush Utpalbhai Shah, showcased their skills but fell short in the semi-finals.
- Manika Batra and G Sathiyan’s journey ended at the semi-final stage, highlighting their commendable performance against formidable opponents.
- Similarly, Manav Vikash Thakkar and Manush Utpalbhai Shah’s campaign concluded in the semi-finals, indicating their potential as a doubles pair.
- Najla Bouden is the Prime Minister of Tunisia.
- Currency of Tunisia is Tunisian Dinar.