International Whale Shark Day 2022: International Whale Shark Day is observed on August 30, and to commemorate this occasion in (International Whale Shark Day 2022), try to understand the purpose. The International Whale Shark Day 2022 is to raise awareness of the value of whale sharks and the need for their conservation. People can learn about the magnificent species on this day and take action to protect them on International Whale Shark Day 2022.
International Whale Shark Day 2022: Interesting Facts
- Some of the Earth’s longest-living creatures are whale sharks. They can grow up to 12 feet tall and live for up to 70 years.
- There are just about 400 of them left in the world, making them one of the most endangered species.
- The biggest whale shark ever reported was 16.5 feet long and 2.5 metres wide.
- The whale sharks live in tropical oceans and eat fish, squid, and other small animals for food.
- The whale shark can achieve sexual maturity at roughly 10 years old and are ovoviviparous, which means they give birth to live young rather than lay eggs.
- Because of their small population size and sluggish reproducing rate, whale sharks are classified as a vulnerable species by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
- Whale sharks are legally protected in numerous nations, including the US, Australia, and Brazil!
International Whale Shark Day 2022: History and Reason behind whale shark extinction
- Fishing and meat eating are the primary causes of whale shark extinction.
- Fishermen target whale sharks specifically because they make good prey.
- Their population size has decreased due to this poaching over the years.
- Fortunately, education is something that everyone can do to support the preservation of these gentle giants on this International Whale Shark Day 2022.
- We can contribute to their protection for future generations if we educate ourselves about whale sharks and their significance on this International Whale Shark Day 2022.
World Whale Shark Day 2022: Significance
- Today is International Whale Shark Day 2022, a day to honour these incredible marine animals. Additionally, this day provides an opportunity to spread knowledge about the value of conservation.
- You may anticipate a few things on International Whale Shark Day 2022. The first is that there are more whales and sharks in the sea than usual.
- This is due to the fact that because they are typically elusive and shy, these creatures are easier to spot during this International Whale Shark Day 2022 occasion.
- These animals could exhibit some peculiar habits, which is why International Whale Shark Day 2022 is spreading awareness.