Google has released its “Year in Search 2022” report, which highlights the topics that generated the most interest and were most frequently searched on the website this year. India’s search trends have changed noticeably since last year, according to the list, which is published annually for various nations.
Year in Search 2022: Key points
- The Indian Premier League (IPL), which was also the most searched sporting event in the nation, came out on top of all 2022 trending search results in India.
- CoWIN, a government website portal that streamlines COVID-19 vaccine registration and appointment scheduling and issues digital vaccine certificates, followed IPL.
- The FIFA World Cup, which began on November 20 in Qatar, ranked third among trending topics in searches in India. Sports competitions, the Asia Cup and the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, respectively, took the fourth and fifth spots.
- Bollywood blockbuster Brahmastra: Part One – Shiva earned the sixth spot on the list, while KGF: Chapter 2 came in at number nine.
- Nupur Sharma, a spokesperson for the BJP who has since been suspended, was among the top-searched individuals in India in 2022.
- Droupadi Murmu, the president of India, was subsequently followed by Rishi Sunak, the new prime minister of the United Kingdom, and Lalit Modi.
- In terms of news events, Google headlined that the demise of Lata Mangeshkar, Sidhu Moose Wala, Queen Elizabeth and Shane Warne were the most searched topics.
- People also took interest in the Russia-Ukraine war, UP Elections, and Har Ghar Tiranga campaign.
Depicting a logical transition in annual trends, the most popular “near me” searches were for “movies near me,” “water parks near me,” swimming pools near me,” and other travel and outing-related terms. In contrast, searches for “COVID test near me,” “Oxygen cylinder near me,” and “COVID hospital near me” were made last year.