A 63-year-old Italian man, Michele Santelia has achieved a world record by typing copies of 81 books backwards, a technique that he calls ‘mirror writing’, as per a report by the Guinness World Records (GWR). For the purpose of this record, the books must be typed using ‘mirror writing’, such that the result is the mirror image of any given language’s normal writing.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Michele’s latest book, Das Nibelungenlied Backwards, a medieval German heroic epic, was typed in 2022. Michele dedicated it to “the disabled people of the whole world; to all those who suffer daily in a bigoted and clumsy society.”
An overview of the news
- Santaglia types books using four completely blank keyboards without looking backwards.
- He types each book in its original language whether it be hieroglyphs, Old Hebrew, Traditional Chinese, Mayan, Etruscan, Cuneiform or Voynich glyphs.
- He reverse-typed the Bible, the Code of Hammurabi, the Epic of Gilgamesh, the Book of the Dead from ancient Egypt, the writings of Leonardo da Vinci.
- He is able to type using 16 computer keyboards simultaneously located at different heights.
- He credits Leonardo da Vinci who inspired him to do mirror typing.
- Santaglia has given several books to various world figures over the years, including former US Presidents Bill Clinton, George Bush and Barack Obama, Popes John Paul II and Benedict XVI, and former Italian Presidents Carlo Ciampi and Giorgio Napolitano.
- Also, he has compiled all the four Indian Vedas in a single book by reverse typing.
- He types every book in its original language whether it is Hieroglyphs, Old Hebrew, Traditional Chinese, Mayan, Etruscan, Cuneiform or Voynich glyphs.
You may also read
Find More Miscellaneous News Here