Jawaharlal Nehru Port Authority (JNPA) in association with the Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Madras, developed a Continuous Marine Water Quality Monitoring Station (CMWQMS). They launched an Electric Environmental Monitoring Vehicle (EV) on November 21, 2022, at the Port.
The monitoring station and vehicle were inaugurated by Shri Sanjay Sethi, IAS, Chairman, JNPA, in the presence of Shri Unmesh Sharad Wagh, Dy. Chairman, JNPA, along with all the HoDs of JNPA.
JNPA Launched Continuous Marine Water Quality Monitoring Station- Key Points
- JNPA is committed to achieving leadership in sustainability and creating value for the trade – depicted across the economic, social, and environmental parameters.
- The Continuous Marine Water Quality Monitoring Station and launch of E- Vehicles is yet another step towards commitment to sustainable development.”
- The Continuous water quality system and electric monitoring vehicle will assist in managing the marine water and air quality in the port area, regulating the environmental quality within the port area.
- JNPA will be able to reduce the greenhouse gas footprint of vehicles, in addition to checking compliance with Environmental Quality around the port estate through water quality stations data, such as temperature, pH, dissolved oxygen, ammonia, conductivity, nitrate, salinity, turbidity, and TDS of marine water a database on marine water quality is essential for maintaining hygienic standards in the marine environment.
- The E- Vehicle also substantiates the ongoing ambient air and noise monitoring activities at JNPA.