King of Jordan, Abdullah II ibn Al Hussein has appointed Bishr al-Khasawneh, policy advisor to the king, as new Prime Minister of the country. His appointment comes after King Abdullah II ibn Al Hussein accepted the resignation of Prime Minister Omar al Razzaz.
Boost your Banking Awareness Knowledge with Adda247 Live Batch: TARGET GA BATCH | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams
About Bishr al-Khasawneh
- He served as the advisor to the king for Communication and Coordination at The Royal Hashemite Court (April 2019- August 2020).
- He served as the Minister for Legal Affairs (2017- 2018).
- He was a Former Ambassador of Jordan to Egypt, France, Kenya, Ethiopia, African Union, League of Arab States, and also to UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization).
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Capital of Jordan: Amman.
- The currency of Jordan: Jordanian dinar.