Amazon India has partnered with ‘Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation’ (IRCTC), to provide its customers with the facility to book reserved train tickets on Amazon. With this launch, the e-commerce company’s digital payments arm Amazon Pay adds another travel category, thereby offering its customers a one-stop-shop for booking flights, bus and train tickets.
Benefits of this facility:
- With this new offering, users will be able to check seat and quota availability across all train classes on the Amazon app.
- They can pre-load money into their Amazon Pay Balance wallet to make this experience even smoother and pay in a single click.
- Amazon.in is offering the customers with a variety of self-serve options such as live checking of PNR status (for ticket booked on Amazon only), downloads and cancellations of tickets booked on Amazon.
- Users paying with Amazon Pay Balance also get an instant refund in case of cancellations or booking failures.
- Customers will get a 10 per cent cashback on their first train ticket booking and Prime members can avail 12 per cent cashback up for these bookings.
- For the introductory period, Amazon.in has also waived off service and payment gateway transaction charges.
- Customers can book their tickets by clicking the trains and travel category under the Amazon Pay tab.
- They can select their route and travel dates and get a list of all available trains.
- Users can use their Amazon Pay balance or Amazon Pay ICICI credit card or any other digital payment methods for an easy checkout experience.
- In case customers need to cancel a ticket, they can do so under the ‘Your Orders’ section. They can also seek 24×7 help through an Amazon helpline over phone and chat.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Amazon Founder: Jeff Bezos.
- Amazon Founded: 5 July 1994.
- Amazon Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, United States.