WWF-India Kerala State Office is joining hands with the Society for Odonate Studies (SOS) and Thumbipuranam for the first-ever state “Dragonfly Festival” in Kerala, christened ‘Thumbimahotsavam 2020’. This is part of the National Dragonfly Festival organised by WWF India, Bombay Natural History Society and Indian Dragonfly Society in association with National Biodiversity Board, UN Environmental Programme, UN Development Programme and IUCN-CEC.
WARRIOR 3.0 | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams | Bilingual | Live Class
About Dragonfly Festival:
- Dragonfly Festival, a series of events will be rolled out in the coming months to reach out to various sections of the society.
- The official mascot of the festival is “Pantalu” which is the genus of dragonfly in the family Libellulidae commonly known as rain pool gliders.
- A ‘Dragonfly Backyard Watch’ has also been announced to enhance the participation of people and improve their observation skills.
- A field guide on ‘Common Dragonflies of Kerala’ and a ‘Children’s Dragonfly Coloring & Activity Book’ is also under development.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Kerala Capital: Thiruvananthapuram.
- Kerala Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Kerala Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan.