LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network, will invest USD 5,00,000 (Rs 3.88 crore) in partnership with United Nation’s Women to advance women’s economic empowerment. The project will launch a pilot in Maharashtra to cultivate the digital, soft and employability skills of 2,000 women and present them with a range of career-building opportunities through job fairs, mentoring sessions and peer-to-peer networks. The three-year regional collaboration will digitally upskill women, providing them greater access to jobs and equipping them to fully participate in the formal economy.
About the collaboration:
- The partnership will be guided by the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs), a set of effective, actionable principles that guide businesses on how to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment in the workplace, marketplace and community.
- UN Women and LinkedIn will leverage the online platform and institutional expertise to convene partners to support women’s economic empowerment.
- Together, they will hold joint advocacy campaigns and events, as well as convene key partners from their respective networks to achieve broadly equal opportunities and outcomes for women and men in the workplace.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- LinkedIn Corporation Founded: 5th May 2003;
- LinkedIn Corporation Headquarters: California, United States (US);
- LinkedIn Corporation CEO: Ryan Roslansky.