During the present annual meeting of the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland, the Maharashtra government signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) worth over 30,000 crore. Pharmaceuticals, medical devices, information technology, data centres, textiles, food processing, packaging, paper and pulp, and steel were among the 23 MoUs inked for investment. According to state industries minister Subhash Desai, the investment will result in the creation of 66,000 employment in the state.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- Desai, energy minister Nitin Raut, and environment minister Aaditya Thackeray are among the members of a team now at Davos.
- Microsoft Corporation (3,200 crore), Asia Pulp & Paper (10,500 crore), Tata Realty (5,000 crore), Gramsci Business Hubs (5,000 crore), Vishvaraj Environment Private Limited (1,000 crore), GR Group (740 crore), Scalar Spaces (650 crore), Indorama Corporation (600 crore), Indo Count Industries Limited (510 crore), Colorshine Coated Private Limited (510 crore), Goyal Proteins (380 crore), PG Electroplast Limited (315 crore) are among the companies with whom the MOU is signed.
About the Agreement:
- The state has inked 121 MoUs as part of the Magnetic Maharashtra programme, with a total investment of 2.2 lakh crore and the potential to create around 4,00,000 employment.
- Voyager Space Holding, a commercial space corporation based in the United States, has expressed interest in investing in Maharashtra, according to the industries minister.
- Maharashtra also signed an MoU that will serve as a roadmap for sustainable development in the state, making it the first sub-national government to join the Global Plastic Action Partnership (GPAP), a multi-stakeholder platform dedicated to translating commitments to reduce plastic pollution and waste into concrete action.