Shirui Lily Festival 2022
In Manipur, the 4th Edition of State-Level Shirui Lily Festival 2022 has begun. This annual festival is organised by the Department of Tourism, Government of Manipur with an aim to create and raise awareness of the Shirui Lily flower which is also the State Flower of Manipur. The four-day-long festival has inaugurated by the Governor of Manipur La. Ganesan and the Chief Minister N. Biren Singh tomorrow at Shirui Village Ground in Ukhrul district.
About the festival:
- The festival is held around April and May as it is the blooming season of Shirui Lily. The flower is found in the Ukhrul district of Manipur only and cannot be replanted anywhere in the world.
- This year, some of the international rock bands will perform in the festival. Every year, tourists both domestic and international attend the function.
- Different events including traditional dances, songs and music, trekking, beauty contests, indigenous games and sports will be organised at different sites in the Ukhrul district.
Important Takeaways for all Competitive Exams:
- Manipur Chief Minister: N Biren Singh;
- Capital of Manipur: Imphal;
- Manipur Governor: La. Ganesan.