The Ministry of Finance has issued an official notification stating that a new Rs 100 coin will be minted by the Central Government to commemorate the 100th edition of the radio programme, Mann Ki Baat, with Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The notification specifies that the One Hundred Rupees denomination coin will only be minted at the Mint and issued under the authority of the Central Government on the occasion of the 100th Episode of Mann Ki Baat.
key details of the new Rs 100 coin to be issued by the Central Government to mark the 100th Episode of Mann Ki Baat:
Design of the Coin:
- The face of the coin will feature the Lion Capital of Ashoka Pillar in the centre.
- The legend “Satyameva Jayate” will be inscribed below the Lion Capital in Devnagri script.
- The word “Bharat” in Devnagri script will be present on the left periphery of the coin.
- The word “INDIA” in English will be present on the right periphery of the coin.
- The Rupee symbol “₹” and denominational value “100” in international numerals will be below the Lion Capitol.
Logo for the 100th Episode of Mann Ki Baat:
- The other face of the coin will bear the logo for the 100th Episode of Mann Ki Baat.
- The logo will consist of an image of a microphone with sound waves.
- The year ‘2023’ will be written on the image of the microphone.
- ‘MANN KI BAAT 100’ in Devnagari script will be written above the microphone image.
- ‘MANN KI BAAT 100’ in English will be written below the microphone image.