Microsoft has collaborated with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to impart digital skills to more than one lakh underserved women in India over the next ten months. This initiative is an extension of Microsoft’s partnership with NSDC to provide digital skills to over 1 lakh youth in the country.
The programme will curate a series of live training sessions and digital skilling drives to help create opportunities for young girls and women, particularly first-time job seekers and those whose jobs may have been impacted by Covid-19, to join the future workforce.
Under this partnership:
- Under this partnership, eSkill India – NSDC’s digital skilling initiative – will support in building the outreach of this engagement through its skilling ecosystem, which includes sector skill councils, training partners, and training centres.
- Microsoft and NSDC will award a joint e-certificate to participants postcourse completion. Furthermore, 20,000 young women from regions with the least female labour force participation will be selected by NSDC and skilled through dedicated skills for the employability training program for employment in IT/IT-enabled job roles.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Microsoft CEO: Satya Nadella.
- Microsoft Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States.
- NSDC CEO: Manish Kumar.
- NSDC Headquarters: New Delhi.