The Ministry of Power, Government of India, has been recognized and honored with the Special Appreciation Medal for Excellence in Display at the India International Trade Fair (IITF) 2023. The prestigious award was bestowed upon the Ministry for its outstanding contribution to the 42nd edition of the IITF, held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, from November 14 to 27, 2023.
Power Pavilion: A Showcase of Excellence
- The Ministry received this accolade for the remarkable Power Pavilion it set up at the trade fair. The Pavilion was inaugurated with grandeur on November 14, 2023, by the Union Minister for Power and New & Renewable Energy, Shri R. K. Singh.
- The Pavilion operated under the umbrella of the Ministry of Power, with NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation) as the nodal agency and collaborative efforts from 11 other Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) under the Ministry.
Key Objectives of the Power Pavilion
- The primary goal of the Power Pavilion was to showcase key initiatives in the power sector to both domestic and international industry stakeholders.
- Simultaneously, the Pavilion aimed to enhance public awareness and participation in the government’s schemes and policies related to the power sector.
- The Special Appreciation Medal was received by Shri Ajay Agarwal, Director at the Ministry of Power, and Shri Harjit Singh, Chief General Manager (Corporate Communications) at NTPC.
Engaging the Audience: A Successful Endeavor
- The Power Pavilion attracted a significant number of visitors throughout the duration of the trade fair. This interactive approach not only educated visitors but also created a memorable experience.
- Beyond providing information on the power sector, the Pavilion successfully engaged the audience through various activities such as quiz competitions, Nukkad Natak (street plays), and Magic Shows.
The Ministry of Power: Bridging Gaps, Empowering Lives
- The Ministry of Power in India, currently under the leadership of Union Cabinet Minister Raj Kumar Singh, plays a pivotal role in overseeing electricity production and infrastructure development.
- Its responsibilities encompass the entire spectrum of the power sector, including generation, transmission, delivery, and maintenance projects.
- Acting as a crucial link between the central government and state electricity operations, the Ministry collaborates with the private sector and manages initiatives, including rural electrification projects, with the ultimate aim of empowering lives through accessible and sustainable power.
Important Questions Related to Exams
1. Which ministry received the Special Appreciation Medal for Excellence in Display at the 42nd IITF held in New Delhi during IITF 2023?
Answer: Ministry of Power.
2. Who is the Union Minister for Power and New & Renewable Energy?
Answer: Shri R. K. Singh.
3. For what achievement did the Ministry receive this accolade at the trade fair?
Answer: Setting up the Power Pavilion at 42nd edition of the IITF.