mPassport Police App
The “mPassport Police App, developed by the consular, passport and visa division of the external affairs ministry for law enforcement agencies, is being rolled out along with 350 tablets to personnel of the Special Branch of Delhi Police. These personnel are responsible for carrying out verification of antecedents of passport applicants. A new app developed by the external affairs ministry and rolled out in New Delhi is expected to cut the time for police verification of passport applicants to five days and reduce the scope for misuse of the process. The new digital services were launched by Union Home Minister Amit Shah during the 76th Raising Day Parade of Delhi Police.
mPassport Police App: Steps to submit an online passport police verification
- Step 1: Register on the online portal for Passport Seva
- Step 2: Login to the Portal and click the “Apply for Police Clearance Certificate” link
- Step 3: Submit after filling all the details in the form
- Step 4: Now, click on “Pay and Schedule Appointment” on the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” screen to schedule an appointment and make your payment
- Step 5: Once your payment is successful, click “Print Application Receipt”, or wait for an SMS of the receipt which you can show instead of a printout
- Step 6: Visit the Passport Seva Kendra where your appointment is scheduled with all necessary documents along
Passport Seva: Check police verification status for passport online
The passport application will be given a label by the police as per the status of passport and verification. There are 3 status types that a passport may receive, which are clear, adverse and incomplete.
Step 1: Visit the website of Passport Seva Portal
Step 2: Using the toll-free number 1800 258 1800
- ‘Omorgus Khandesh’ is a Newly Discovered Indian Beetle by Zootaxa
- Mansukh Mandaviya Inaugurated IFFCO Nano Urea Liquid Plants at Aonla and Phulpur
- Ladakh to host India’s First Frozen-Lake Marathon at Pangong Tso