Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Agriculture Minister, recently launched the National Conference on Agriculture for the Kharif Campaign 2022-23 at the NASC Complex in New Delhi.
- The Minister expressed his delight that, according to the 2nd Advance Estimates (2021-22), total food grain production in the country will reach 3160 lakh tonnes, a new high.
- The production of pulses and oilseeds will be 269.5 lakh tonnes and 371.5 lakh tonnes, respectively.
- Horticulture production is expected to reach 3310.5 lakh tonnes in 2020-21, the greatest level ever for Indian horticulture, according to third advanced projections.
- The Minister added that the centre and states will collaborate to secure the availability of herbicides and seeds, lowering farmers’ input prices.
- He argued that a method for replacing urea with Nano-urea should be developed. He stated that the government would continue to prioritise natural and organic agriculture.
- While agriculture exports have increased, the Minister stated that quality products must be prioritised in order to compete in international markets. Both farmers and exporters should benefit.
Union Agriculture Minister: Shri Narendra Singh Tomar