To bolster India’s cyber posture, the National Security Council Secretariat is holding a National Cyber Security Incident Response Exercise (NCX India) for government officials and key sector organisations.
- The National Cyber Security Incident Response Exercise was kicked off by National Security Advisor Ajit Doval.
- According to a statement from the National Security Council Secretariat, more than 140 officials would be trained through training sessions, Live Fire, and Strategic exercises.
- Intrusion Detection Techniques, Malware Information Sharing Platform (MISP), Vulnerability Handling & Penetration Testing, Network Protocols & Data Flows, and Digital Forensics are among the topics covered by the attendees.
- The practise comes in the wake of recent power grid hacking incidents in Ladakh, as well as a number of incidents involving ministry Twitter accounts being hacked.
- A couple of attempted efforts to breach networks of despatch centres responsible for real-time grid control and electricity dispatch, according to the Centre, have occurred in recent months.
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval