Nasscom Foundation and Google have announced setting up a call centre in collaboration with a not-for-profit body Indian Society of Agribusiness Professionals (ISAP) to help women farmers scale up their business. The “DigiVaani Call Center” project is being run on a pilot basis and initially around 20,000 rural women entrepreneurs shall be covered across six states, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Haryana and Rajasthan.
About the DigiVaani:
- DigiVaani will be one place where rural women entrepreneurs will be able to call and get information around various schemes available for them, which can help them scale up their business, be it government schemes or any other information that can be of help for them.
- A DigiVaani call centre has been set up at the Delhi and Lucknow offices of ISAP. The project is funded by Google, through its philanthropic arm Google.org.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Google CEO: Sundar Pichai;
- Google Founded: 4 September 1998;
- Google Headquarters: Mountain View, California, United States;
- Nasscom Chairperson: Krishnan Ramanujam;
- Nasscom Headquarters location: New Delhi;
- Nasscom Founded: 1 March 1988.